The Rested Dog Inn's Guestbook Policies
Because of increasing concerns over privacy and the protection of personal information, we thought we should gateway you through this page to make you aware of how we handle guestbook entries.
- Anyone submitting a guestbook e-mail should be aware that all submissions are reviewed prior to being posted in the public guestbooks
- All comments, be they negative or positive, with the exception of commercial re-directs and foul or vulgar language, will be posted
- All entries are now done by e-mail ONLY.
Because so-called spammers use programs that gather email addresses from things such as guestbooks, discussion forums and Usenet postings to populate their lists, we therefor leave the poster's email address out of the public guestbooks.
More and more of late we seem to be getting automated entries into our guestbook for on-line gambling, all manner of sexual aids, porn and people who feel compelled to foist their religious obsessions upon unsuspecting visitors. It has become rather tedious to separately check the guestbook submission page, only to end up having to delete all entries, sometimes several times a day. If left unchecked our guestbooks would have been flooded with entries to sites and activities that have absolutely NOTHING to do with anyone of our sites, so after much deliberation we have taken the step of switching to a directed e-mail account that will make monitoring the whole matter much easier.
We ask when submitting an e-mail as a guestbook entry that you give us the following information:
- make sure the subject of your e-mail reads: guestbook
- your name
- where you're from
- what you like most about our site
- and your comments
So, that's how we deal with our guestbooks; if you care to leave a posting in one, please continue and .